Monday, June 18, 2012

Visit To The ER

The Challenge:
Wrap twine around something on your layout

We had a scare recently.  Bry passed out at work and they decided to transport him to the ER.  I got there soon after he did and by the time I got to his room, he was doing pretty well.  He was a bit confused and didn't know what had happened, but he was in pretty high spirits and laughing about it.  He made sure I took photos and pointed out the things he wanted to keep "for the scrapbook page" like his bracelet and monitor sensors.  They ran some tests and didn't find anything out of the ordinary, so they sent us home.

Now one thing you need to know is that he does not handle anything medical very well!  He passed out when he gets shots, gory stories make him quiet queasy, and we have not been able to even say, "IV", so when I found him there, hooked up to monitors and an IV in his arm, I had to wonder how he took it all.  He looked at me and said, "I have an IV.....and I'm ok with that..."  Good, maybe he can get over some of his aversions.

My first thought for the challenge was to, somehow, wrap the twine around the sensor knobs, but I didn't really like that, so I just wrapped it around that cute journaling strip.  It kind of makes me think of tying off a boo boo.  I think it worked.  I found the Take Note collection by Echo Park actually had a bunch of embellishments that worked well with a hospital machine layout.  I got a big thumbs up from the patient and he is doing quite well.

The layout

5 comments:

  1. He was such a good sport!! I love that you used the monitor sensors and his bracelet on this page! And great use of the twine, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos!! I love that you added the "keepsakes" from the hospital visit, how neat!! Great design.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute...love that you scrapped these photos, with encouragement!! Love the heart beat across the bottom! Cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that you have scrapped this already! Really well done with the paper and embellishments! Glad Bryon is doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Take Note is perfect for this! I love the vertical journaling. Perfect :)

    ReplyDelete