Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Date

When I saw the colors for this week's challenge at CSI, I knew I wanted to do a layout with minimal additions.  I went with a plain grey background, no misting or stamping, a couple of small photos and just a few embellishments.  I am trying to play around with using empty space as a design feature.  In doing this, you need to pick elements that carry the meaning you are trying to get across.  Circle were one of the evidence choices and one that I picked because they represent fun and carefree.  I also used the hearts because, well, I love this man and the time I get to spend with him.  The lace was chosen to ground the photos and title as well as add some romance.  The gems help to reinforce the romantic theme.  I did my journaling around those doodled circles.

The layout is telling the story of an unexpected afternoon together that ended up being a wonderful date.  We did some errands and ended up at a nice, small, shopping center where we tried a new restaurant and had the best burgers ever!  It is a gorgeous center with a beautiful courtyard, which I stopped to take a photo of. We will be sure to go back often!

The layout


The case file



3 comments:

  1. Super cute! I don't do well with white space, but you have a knack for it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWESOME Laura!! I love the minimal look you used on this one, because the red popping with the gray is so powerful! The way you did your circles with the journaling is so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very sharp...love the red and gray together! Also, the neat circle journaling!

    ReplyDelete