Saturday, March 7, 2015

I Choose You

Week 7 at Journal 52 brought us the prompt Valentines. Valentines Day isn't a huge deal here. We are some of those that don't need an advertisment national holiday to express what we mean to each other, but it was still fun to think about and make a journal page on love and relationships. I found this quote on Pinterest and just loved it. It so says how I feel about my husband. 28 years later, I would still choose him.

For my background, I cut out a stencil from the Addicted to Love cut from The Cut Shoppe. I knew when I first saw it that it would make a great stencil. I then added gel medium through the stencil, waited for it to dry, sprayed red spray ink on one end and using my spray bottle, made an ombre effect.  Then I went about adding layers of shadow and texture. I used a script stamp over the topand inked the edges of the page and a lot of the heart circles with black distress ink. I cut out the heart from the Sweet Hearts file out of watercolor paper and added distress inks in purple, lilac, and black, then added script stamping on top. I backed the word cutouts with black paper and filled with Stickles. I used the word positives as an additional point of interest up at the top. I colored them with ink and outlined with a fine black pen. Layer a few pieces of lace under the heart, add some wood embellishments, and sprinkle with some cranberry ink, and you have the finished piece.


No comments:

Post a Comment