Friday, March 27, 2015

Web Gems

I have to say, I had the hardest time with this CSI case. I don't often use purples and I didn't really have anything to say about myself, so I wasn't sure what to do. I'm not sure what prompted me to use the photo of the web, maybe I had the idea of the jewels in my mind as I looked through photos that I have. I also got this cool cut from The Cut Shoppe that reminded me of spider webs. I think it is supposed to be flowers, but then again, I do seem to see things differently than most.

I first cut out a stencil from a sturdy plastic sheet, then filled in with modeling paste. After that was dried, I had a bit of fun with various watercolors. I simply applied really wet paint to the page and then let the drips drip down. I used a plum regular paint and a light purple shimmer paint. Then I took my Shattered Tim Holtz stencil, inked with black distress ink and stamped into some of the circles as well as filled in a bit of white space. They totally look like spider webs! I added some small gems to mimic the water droplets, made a couple of spiders out of black enamel dots and adding legs with a pen. I penned a fun little border around the and over the flowers. I went with a sort of whimsy look to match the look of the stamped webs. To finish off the piece I layered some papers, added the photo and title, bunched up some thread, and wrote a free poem to add to the side.

Evidence used: mixed media, jewels, doodling, watercolor, and decorative border


Testimony is a free poem
Jewels of the
Night
Twinkle
Shine
Rain upon the
Morn
Blip
Blop
Artists on the
Web
Spin
Weave
Garments made of
Dreams
Diamonds
Glamour




No comments:

Post a Comment