Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Twins Congrats Card

I saw this week's challenge at Simon Says Stamp and thought that I had the perfect project. This is my first time playing with their challenges, even though I see May post them every week. Going to need to do something about that! This week's challenge is titled "In the middle". These new babies are in the middle of so much! In the middle of the parents, our hearts, being born, taking over the world....

My daughter-in-law's sister just had twin boys. I can't imagine having twin boys! That's a lot of energy. I wanted to make her a congratulations card and I had just received the Crazy Bird stamps by Tim Holtz. I just love these birds! They make me smile and I need to smile. One of birds just has a sort of frazzled, stunned look. I think he's my favorite. I thought he would be the perfect image for a new parent of twin boys. I liked how pretty and girly the other bird is, so she became Mama. She looks very please, don't you think?

I stamped and heat embossed the birds onto watercolor paper and painted with watercolors, cut them out and placed on the woodgrain background. I cut the nest out with my Silhouette, cut out a backing piece, and stamped woodgrain with distress ink. I took the eggs from the cut file and cut the jagged cracked open lines with a pair of scissors. I painted the wooden birds with distress paint and placed them behind the egg pieces still in the nest while placing the broken tops outside the nest. Add a little banner and you have a cute card.

I hope receiving this will bring the new parents some laughter in an otherwise chaotic time.


1 comment:

  1. Fabulous work!!!! Thanks so much for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog :) - Ashli

    ReplyDelete